Household Manager for family of 6
Active family with two working parents and three adolescent children ages 9, 11 and 12 (plus an independent 17 year old), are looking for a household manager to work 3-5 days per week in and out of our home. The hours for the position are somewhat flexible (between the hours of 3pm-7pm M-F until school is out and then between the hours of 8am-7pm 3-5 days per week in the summer), we are more concerned with finding a good match for our family and willing to be flexible with scheduling.
The person we are looking for needs to be active, social, and enjoy being around kids and in the community. They will have patience, some basic cooking skills and be well organized with excellent communication skills. They will be a non-smoker and a positive role model with good morals and a healthy lifestyle. They will need to have a dependable vehicle with a clean driving record and valid driver’s license. We will require a background check and professional references from any considered applicant.
The position of household manager will include:
- Picking children up from school
- Helping them complete homework
- Managing food choices (we have one vegetarian who will skip meals if not offered something she likes & one hooked on sweets that will eat junk food all day if not given strict limits)
- Planning & preparing dinner on occasion, including shopping for those meals
- Organizing & supervising play dates, taking kids shopping for gifts when invited to b-day parties
- Transporting kids to and from sports practices, clubs, dentist/doctor appointments and other events
- Managing a detailed, digital schedule for all three kids and keeping them organized, prepared and on time
- Maintaining structure, limits and healthy boundaries around video game time, cell phone/text use, etc.
- Counseling kids when they make a poor choice, praising when they make good ones
- Enforcing a sense of responsibility within the children
- Small household tasks as necessary (i.e. pick up dry cleaning, walk/feed dogs, water plants, load dishwasher, etc.)